Thursday, July 14, 2005

Fighting the good fight

Sometimes I just get tired and fed up with my ideals
I feel like it is all for not and I am not making a difference
I try to be good, positive, helpful and well... righteous
For lack of a better word and on a regular basis I am discouraged
People really don't see me; they judge me and label me
They gauge me by what they have known, they categorize me
I never have a chance to be known by my own merit
I don't think anyone has ever known the real me
I sometimes think I am a Karma wash for others
It isn't something I like or dislike, but it is frustrating
On a regular basis I hit a point were I don't feel I have anything left
I feel like I can't keep going and that I am not doing any good
But somehow I always recharge and continue down this lonely path
No matter how many times it gets stepped on I put my best foot forward
My hold on to my high ideals and my belief in the good side of human kind
Don't ever think that I will give up, I want to, but I can't
All the world's a stage and my role is such, I yam what I yam
The show must go on so break a leg and take a bow
I will never miss a curtain call and someday I will hear applause
The only part that bothers me is that it seems to be a solo journey
But even if I die alone I will know that I had a positive effect
I know that the world is a better place and that is my reward

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home