Sunday, May 15, 2005

My daughter

I saw my daughter off the her junior prom last night
It was nice and I got to talk with her mom
I don't get to spend much time with that side of the family
My daughter was beautiful in her pink dress
Pink and purple are her favorite colors
Her date arrived in a soot suit, very dapper
He is a lot nicer and more polite then the last one
Pictures were taken and she asked for one with me
I realized that the picture with me is going to be unique
We held each other and we stood cheek to cheek
The other pictures didn't have that kind of closeness
I found that to be interesting
We have truly adopted each other
We are so lucky to have someone in our lives that fills the void
She is really my niece, but my brother committed suicide
She is now my daughter and I am her dad
I have always been honest with her
She deserves the truth and we have talked about her dad
I am glad I can be there for her

1 Comments:

Blogger squishedlizard said...

I'm sure she needs you.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home