Saturday, May 21, 2005

Shine On

From dust and ashes I emerge
the fire is still consuming; the jealousy, prejudice, envy and greed
the preconceived lies I've been taught
I need nothing beside me to sustain me
My essence is intact
I managed to cling to my soul
The wise little child that knew all along
and carried my trust, my being
wide eyed and curious, full of life
I am this child, this hope
the dust still falls as I continue to shed
I am being reborn unto myself
Becoming what I have always been
A guide, a shaman, at peace with myself
the pain the tears and the fear have all been treasured
I am becoming me and I reflect in the light
No longer frightened, no longer weak, I am more then I imagine
both sides are now clear, the balance is here
the light and the power still grow
Blinding my eyes so they might see the truth
Breaking the outer shell that once was me
I am the same at my core, the crucial parts remain
The evil is dying away and there will be no wake
You do not mourn the passing of deceit
The walls have begun to collapse, no longer needed for shelter
I have no desire to hide
There are no weapons designed that can harm me
As I am now
Say what you will, there are no words that can take this away or diminish me
I am and I will always be
my body is just a faint vehicle
It gets me there
I am beyond humanity, I am free
Once more
I am me

1 Comments:

Blogger squishedlizard said...

Your whole life is about discovering who you already are.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home