Friday, July 01, 2005

Called Away

Moving on with my life
Letting go of feelings
Hopes and dreams and her
How can I continue to carry the torch?
When she won't be here to feed the flame
I have to move on, let go
For my own health and well being
So I am free to accept someone else
My head has resolved this
But my heart is still unconvinced
She has never given me anything concrete
A maybe, a could be and a list
I can't hang my hopes on the top of a list
I love you doesn't say I'm in love with you
Although my first impression, my instincts
And my feelings have never changed
YOUR SOULMATE they scream, I still listen
But only time will tell if they are right
I try to hold on to this love at first sight
I would love to believe that we will be together
Build a life, have children and travel the world
Circumstances have conspired against us though
If she had said I am in love with you
I could hold on to this dream, run with it
But this has not occurred and it won't
So for my own sanity, my own peace
I have to let go and trust in life
She knows I love her, that I am in love
That is the best I can do for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home