Sunday, August 27, 2006

Just Quotes

"Bigame is having one wife/husband too many, Monogamy is the same."
- Oscar Wilde
A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company.
- Gian Vincenzo Gravina
People who work sitting down get paid more than people who work standing up.
- Ogden Nash
It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress.
- Mark Twain
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.
- Douglas Adams
I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me.
- Dave Barry
He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the ace.
- John Mason Brown
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.
- Galileo Galilei
Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen.
- Ambrose Bierce
Never tell anyone that you're: writing a book, going on a diet, exercising, taking a course, or quitting smoking. They'll encourage you to death.
- Lynn Johnston
If you trust Google more than your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors.
- Jadelr and Cristina Cordova
Most conversations are simply monologues delivered in the presence of witnesses.
- Margaret Millar
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss
mankind minus one were of one opinion, then mankind is no more justified in silencing the one than the one - if he had the power - would be justified in silencing mankind.
- John Stuart Mill
The cure for writer's cramp is writer's block.
- Inigo DeLeon
Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
- Leo Rosten
The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
- Ralph W. Sockman
The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he has acquired during the first half.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky
I know who I am. No one else knows who I am. If I was a giraffe, and someone said I was a snake, I'd think, no, actually I'ma giraffe.
- Richard Gere
People often write me and ask how I keep my wood floors so clean when I live with a child and a dog, and my answer is that I use a technique called Suffering From a Mental Illness.
- Heather Armstrong
There are no such things as applied sciences, only applications of science.
- Louis Pasteur
A joke's a very serious thing.
- Charles Churchill
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
- HP Lovecraft
In the future everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes.
- Andy Warhol
The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best - and therefore never scrutinize or question.
- Stephen Jay Gould
It is always the best policy to speak the truth--unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar.
- Jerome K. Jerome
Life is just one damned thing after another.
- Elbert Hubbard
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
- Walter Lippmann
Music makes one feel so romantic - at least it always gets on one's nerves - which is the same thing nowadays.
- Oscar Wilde
Why do writers write? Because it isn't there.
- Thomas Berger
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
- Mark Twain
The quickest way to a man's heart really is through his stomach, because then you don't have to chop through that pesky rib cage.
- J. Jacques
"I have lost friends, some by death... others through sheer inability to cross the street."
- Virginia Woolf
"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everybody agrees that it is old enough to know better."
- Anonymous
"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
- Frank Zappa
"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing."
- Robert Benchley

1 Comments:

Blogger squishedlizard said...

"It seems to me that the most intelligent Earthling creatures find being alive embarassing or much worse." - Kurt Vonnegut JR

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home